Friday 15 August 2008

The Duke Group - Marble and Hunter


Marble Island although it has plenty of Marble, in my opinion should be called Oyster Island. This will probably be a bad thing as Oysters will always look hard to get after here. We had Oyster soup, Oyster & beef pie, deep fried Oysters in beer batter, Oysters cooked in there shells and just about any other way you could think off. I heard they were good for ……… early nights.
The fishing away from the island also turned up some good Tusk fish and Rock Cod.



After 3 days we ambled around the corner to Hunter Island



While anchored here for the night another boat, Double Base arrived and promptly caught a large Trevally that they shared with us. Hurray for good fisher people.
We left early the next day for South Percy Island.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yum. Yum yum yum.

Secret Squirrel said...

Oysters and I are not friends after a childhood trauma swimming off lord howe island in the early seventies...I don't want to talk about it.
I just wanted you to know that I am still reading, still jealous and wishing you both fair winds and following seas.

xox eve xox
apparently I am some sort of a security risk over at Amanda's blog so have been LOCKED OUT.....sigh

Anonymous said...

Hi There Guys,

Keep missing your calls,sorry! so envious of Oyster Island, I'm sure i could live on them forever, Hunter fab,getting so big and mature.... hubby burnt his leg at work the other week may need a skin graft but is doing fine, I have cut my hair short and doing gym junkie thing for Spring summer onslaught, Looking forward to your next post and send our love Txx PS: latest culinary Tip:dip potatoes in egg white for healthy hot chips.