Friday, 9 September 2011

Police Bay

Well, it’s been so long since I had to write something, I have had to look back to what was last reported. It appears we were in Kota Kinabalu waiting for our Layang Layang permit to come through. The permit finally arrived, along with Ivonne, a new crewmember for our trip.

Our first stop was Palau Gaya where we had a communal BBQ with prawns and Daryl’s special Papaya marinated steak.

The evening as usual turned into beers, wine and even champagne. Trevor then cranked up the Guitar to scare off any monkeys that may have been lurking nearby.

The next morning we moved around the corner into the next Bay where a yacht unfriendly resort was rumored to be located. After some diving with the electric hooker system 3 of us headed over to the resort to see if we could sneak a swim. Our plan was to run up the beach and jump in before being kicked out. The plan went swimmingly with Trevor and me floating about the infinity pool feeling pleased with ourselves waiting for security. Gabrielle who had decided against the swim then turned up with a free cocktail which somewhat took the wind out of our sails. Hearing the guests get the first drink free and not to be out done Trevor and I headed in search of the bar, Trevor ending up with the house special and me a Long Island Ice Tea. The manager did inquire if I arrived that day which I could honestly answer yes. Thanks guys.
The following morning much to Sloops disgust we headed out to travel the 150 miles to Layang Layang.

Some photos above are stolen from Ivonne - check out her site -


Diane Soucy said...

What a way to go. I was reading about your crew and would love to hop aboard. Currently my house is on the market in Massachusetts, USA and when it sells I would love to live this dream. I will come back to find where you are and see if you are still looking. Until then, keep on. Diane

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you,was beginning to think a hammerhead shark had not been friendly.
Photos are fabulous.